Baking is love made visible. Plan for a guilt-free afternoon tea this Father’s Day with this home made mulberry oat muffin.
Mulberry is a wonderful fruit packed with a number of phytonutrients possessing antioxidant and anti-diabetic activity. Some of the health benefits include lowering cholesterol and cancer risk reduction.
The use of oat flour instead of the usual plain flour increases the fiber content of this baked good. Also, with its lower glygemic index (GI), Daddy can indulge at ease without worrying excessively about upsetting his blood sugar level.
Print recipe here: Mulberry Oat Flour Muffin
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Cooking: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Serve: 4
- 1 cup of Organic Oat Flour
- 1 cup of Organic Unbleached Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 40g of Organic Mulberry Jam
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin cups with liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray (this is important so that they do not stick!)
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup of oat flour, 1 cup plain flour and all the ingredients. Then gently fold them into the batter
- Divide batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted come out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes then remove muffins from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Ready to serve.